So, I know I'm long overdue for a blog update. I confessed in my first post that I am a terrible blogger, so please forgive me.
This past week I left my aunt & uncle's house in Winston-Salem (where I'd been living for the past couple of weeks) to go to RUF training in Atlanta. Training was overwhelming, but really neat. I love RUM because everything we hear seems really challenging and pushes me out of my comfort zone, and I feel really unqualified for the work I'm about to do. But we never listen to a seminar that does not include the hope of the Gospel and reassure us that God loves to use broken vessels and bruised reeds for His service, and to further His Kingdom here on earth. And I've been learning over the course of this summer how very much each and every one of you is involved in this: your prayers and your encouragement, via email, phone call, or face-to-face conversation, has really been the hands and feet of Christ witnessing and ministering to me, and keeping me strong when I've been down.
I spent a good bit of July feeling very down and stressed out about this internship, and what was ahead. I would consider myself to be a type-A personality, and I love to have everything planned out. So as I made support-raising calls and support-raising visits, only to see my reports show up with the same percentage, week after week, I began to feel very insecure, and doubt my own abilities. Actually, I think that was God's point. It's easy to work hard and expect to see a result. I do well working for improvement. But my work this summer is incredible, because, while I have plenty of things I'm supposed to do, God is really the one in control and providing. I found myself wrestling a lot with that. The verse that kept coming to mind and that I have begun praying in my fears is from Philipians, chapter 4:19, "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." And truly he has. As the summer races into August, and the time for me to go to Davidson draws nearer, things have begun to fall into place, and I'm overwhelmed by God's provision. Officially, I'm at 78% of support, and unofficially, I might be all the way there. Although I don't know where I'm going to live, there are some potential roomming situations out there, and I know God will provide here, even has he has done with the finances.
This week I'm so thankful to be at my Grandmother's lake house with my family, and able to rest for a bit before plunging into the work ahead of me. Please pray that God would continue to keep me from trusting in myself, and that my faith would be strengthened as I head into something I feel totally unprepared for. And please do pray for housing to work out, and for a smooth transition as I look at moving in the next week or two.
Glad to hear your fundraising is coming along well -- you've been in my prayers.
ReplyDeletethe morses will be praying :)
ReplyDelete