So yes...I am here at Davidson! Students moved in between Wednesday evening and Saturday, and classes started today, which means, of course, that my real job has just begun!
First of all, moving went incredibly smoothly (thanks to the help of my sweet Aunt & cousins & grandparents), and the rain (which was in the forcast all day) held off until that evening, just after my campus minister & family had finished moving in a mattress & night stand - the last things to get moved in. And I absolutely love my new place! The location really is perfect, and once it cools off a bit, I think I will walk to campus a lot. Pictures to come - but right now, it's still a bit sparcely furnished & decorated.
Saturday was my first event with Davidson's RUF. It was a faux retreat with the Servant Team, made up of about 30 Davidson students who are really committed to serving through RUF. I was nervous, to say the least, but I got to meet a bunch of really sweet girls, and had the opportunity to get to know them a bit as we met all afternoon, and then as we fellowshipped over dinner at the Speakman house (Campus minister's family). Sunday morning, we all went to church together ar Christ Central in Charlotte, and so I had some more driving time to spend with people.
Today we had a staff meeting, and I got the names of several freshmen to contact. I'm excited, but I'm anxious about not doing things right, or scaring people off, and whatnot. These past few days I've had to keep reminding myself (as I've been going through the "what-in-the-world-do-I-think-I'm-doing-here sort of freak -out) that God has not provided the means for me to be here and allowed me to move in vain. By his grace, I trust he will work through all my flaws and misjudgements and accomplish his mission through me! Please pray that I believe this, and that, as I begin work here, I would truly learn to minister through a servant heart, and for the glory of Christ and the Gospel!
cool beans Anna! You will be so wonderful at this!
ReplyDeletei am glad you are thinking, "what in the world do i think im doing here", because where you are weak, He will be proven strong :) thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete